- Baptisms are celebrated in English on the third Saturday of the month at 12:00pm.
- Classes for baptism are held on the first Saturday of the month at 11:00am.
- Baptisms are celebrated in Spanish on the second Saturday of the month at 12:00pm.
- The classes for Spanish baptism are held on the first Friday of every month at 7:30pm in the Basilica Conference Center.
To begin the process, simply arrive prior to the registration class and bring the following documents:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Confirmation Certificate/s of the godparent/s. If this is not available, the godparent/s must contact the parish where they were Confirmed and get an updated copy
Both parents must attend the class.
- Please call the Rectory at 718-236-0909 during office hours to arrange for Baptism in Italian or Chinese.
- Click here to call the rectory now and learn more about our baptismal services.
We Catholics are fortunate to have the sacrament of reconciliation. This sacrament is a powerful help to get rid of our weakness, grow in holiness and lead a balanced and virtuous life.
Here at the Basilica of Regina Pacis the sacrament of reconciliation is offered in English, Spanish, Italian and Chinese and available every Saturday at 4:00pm. Also, every weekday morning after Mass in the Basilica. On Ash Wednesday at the Basilica we offer confessions all day in the aforementioned languages.
Reconciliation Monday, the Monday before Easter Sunday confessions are heard here and in parishes throughout New York City from 3:00pm to 9:00pm.For detailed schedules for confession, please click here to call the rectory.
Weddings and Marriage
You have decided to be married and the community of the Basilica of Regina Pacis Parish wishes you well and prays for you as you prepare for your wedding day and your married life.
You will want to preserve the memories of this sacred day and so photographers will be welcomed, as will videographers. However, they may not photograph from the sanctuary or the sacristy. All guests should be reminded about the sacredness of the moment and should act and dress accordingly.
All couples must attend a pre-Cana marriage preparation session. They are held throughout the Diocese of Brooklyn and there are several options available to you. You will receive a certificate upon completion of the session(s). For more information, please contact:
Marriage Ministry, Diocese of Brooklyn
Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick:
If you know you are going to be hospitalized, consider receiving the Sacrament of Anointing beforehand at any weekday Mass. Ask the priest before Mass in the sacristy.
Communion to the Home-Bound:
For detailed information pertaining to funerals, please contact the Rectory during office hours at 718-236-0909.
DEVOTIONS, PRAYER GROUPS & MEETINGS
Novena in honor of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal:
Mondays after the 8:30am Mass in Saint Joseph Chapel
Novena in honor of Saint Anthony of Padua:
Tuesdays after the 8:30am Mass in Saint Joseph Chapel
In Jesus Name Prayer Group:
Tuesdays at 1:00pm in Saint Joseph Chapel
Divine Mercy Devotions:
Wednesdays at 8:00am in Saint Joseph Chapel
Prayers for Peace to Our Lady Queen of Peace [Regina Pacis]:
Wednesdays after the 8:30am Mass in Saint Joseph Chapel
The Legion of Mary:
Wednesdays at 7:30pm in the Basilica Conference Center
Prayers for Vocations:
Thursdays after the 8:30am Mass in Saint Joseph Chapel
Prayers to Saint Peregrine-Patron Saint of Cancer Patients:
Fridays after the 8:30am Mass in Saint Joseph Chapel
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament:
Every Friday from 9:00am to 8:30pm in Saint Joseph Chapel
Saint Padre Pio Prayer Group:
First Saturdays 8:30am Mass and Novena Prayers in Saint Joseph Chapel