Religious Education is concerned with structuring an environment in such a way that people become intimately linked to the experience, wisdom, and tacit knowledge with others for the purpose of future religious development.
The Religious Education curriculum in the church is the congregation gathering in community, worship, teaching, proclamation, and service. Its goal is the faith formation and the teaching on how to live religiously by means of spiritual practices rooted in our Christian tradition.
- Provides programs that promotes the spiritual life and growth for the faithful
- Assists in the formation of educational and spiritual leadership.
- Provides ongoing faith formation for children, adolescents, young adults and adults.
- Provides inter-ministerial and inter-generational events to grow in faith together.
- Provides a process designed for those interested in learning about the Catholic faith: Unbaptized, Baptized in another tradition, Baptized Catholic, but with no further religious training or sacraments, and Catholics who would like to learn more about their faith.
Faith Formation seeks to help individuals:
Who are interested in learning about the Catholic faith, the unbaptized, baptized in another tradition, Baptized Catholic; but with no further religious training or sacraments, and Catholics who would like to learn more about their faith.
- Grow in their relationship with God
- Live as disciples of Jesus at home, at work, in the community, and in the world
- Develop an understanding of the Bible and their faith tradition
- Deepen their spiritual life and practices
- Engage in service and mission to the world
- Participate in the life and ministries of their faith community
Faith formation immerses people into the particular practices and particular way of life that identifies them as followers of Jesus.
Grades K Through 12
Our program prepares students for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, the Sacrament of First Holy Communion and the Sacrament of Confirmation. Students are provided the opportunity to come together and learn more about their faith with their peers as a church community.
Learning about one’s faith is a life-long journey. We aim to be a community supporting one another on the journey together.
At the Basilica of Regina Pacis, faith formation is a commitment. After the Sacrament of First Holy Communion, students are strongly encouraged to continue attending classes until the Sacrament of Confirmation. Once fully initiated in the Catholic faith our students are ready to be adult members of the Church Community.
Registration is open throughout the year.
To register for the upcoming 2020-2021 Faith Formation year you have the option to fill out the form at online.
Please fill out the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
A separate form for each student must be filled out.
The Faith Formation office will be open for in-person registration on the following days:
Sundays 10am-12pm (only on the following Sunday’s 7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16)
Family discount of you register by Aug. 14
You will be notified of the fall schedule at the end summer.
Para la registración del año entrante del Programa de Fe 2020-2021 tienes la opción de llenar el formulario en línea.
Por favor de llenar el formulario y enviarlo al correo email@example.com .
Un formulario por cada estudiante debe ser llenado.
La oficina de Formación de Fe estará abierta para el registro en persona en los siguientes días:
Domingos de 10 a.m. a 12 p.m. (solo 7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16)
De lunes a viernes de 10 a.m. a 2 p.m.
Descuento familiar para usted inscribirse antes del 14 de agosto
Se le notificará el horario de otoño al final del verano.
If you are a parishioner who would like to volunteer your time in any way it is required that you take a safety course. Every volunteer within a parish who participates in any activity, especially with children and teenagers, must be trained in the VIRTUS program.
The VIRTUS program is a free course offered through the Diocese of Brooklyn.
For a list of sessions being offered please visit: virtus.org.
Here are some useful steps to follow:
select FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT
select View a list of sessions.
select Brooklyn, NY (Diocese)
choose a convenient site
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Are you a visitor to the Church who's not Catholic but feels drawn to the Faith?
Are you a baptized Catholic who's never received Communion or Confirmation?
Are you a Catholic who just wants to know more about the Faith?
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is a unique process of initiation, formation and spiritual growth. R.C.I.A. sessions include the presentation of faith lessons and group discussion in an informal atmosphere that encourages questions and individual reflection. Weekly sessions include discussions about the Catholic faith, scripture and faith-sharing.
The highlight of this program is at the reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation at the Easter Vigil and culminates in the development of living one's life as a Catholic Christian.
The goals of the process are:
- To welcome non-Catholics who have been drawn to the faith of the Catholic Church.
- To prepare non-Catholic adults who desire to receive the initiation Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation.
- To provide an adult-oriented understanding and experience of the Faith.
- To build community that stresses prayerful decisions and participation, acting as a bridge to participation in the broader parish community.
- Above all, to foster in all who attend - Catholic and non-Catholic alike, a living relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
Regina Pacis Youth Ministry
The Regina Pacis Youth Ministry is open to all teens in our parish. Our main goal as a youth ministry is to foster personal and spiritual growth of our young people and to build them up as disciples of Jesus Christ, while maintaining a fun environment. We will achieve this through our weekly meetings, service events, social outings, retreats, and small group discipleship. Meetings are held every Friday from 6:00PM - 8:30PM. Food will be served. For more information, please contact our Youth Coordinator, Sean Cintron. Sean can be emailed at: ReginaPacisYouth@gmail.com